Company Press Releases Back
CytoSorbents to Host Second CytoSorb® Users Meeting and Symposium at the DIVI Critical Care Congress
Wednesday November 26, 2014
MONMOUTH JUNCTION, N.J., Nov. 26, 2014 - CytoSorbents Corporation (CTSO), a critical care immunotherapy company commercializing its CytoSorb® cytokine adsorber to treat deadly inflammation in critically-ill patients in multiple countries worldwide, announced its activities surrounding the 2014 DIVI Critical Care Congress from December 2-5, 2014 in Hamburg, Germany.
- CytoSorbents will host its Second CytoSorb® Users Meeting on December 2, 2014, with the participation of 21 speakers from throughout Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, who will share their CytoSorb® clinical treatment experiences with the group. Following the highly successful inaugural CytoSorb® Users Meeting at last year's DIVI 2013, this year's meeting will feature renowned experts in Sepsis and SIRS (the systemic inflammatory response syndrome) including the President, Prof. Dr. med. Herwig Gerlach and the Managing Director, Prof. Dr. med. Frank M. Brunkhorst, of the German Sepsis Society. The day-long meeting will be focused on how best to treat patients with CytoSorb® in three distinct sessions: Sepsis, Cardiac Surgery, and Other Applications, with both lectures and posters from the growing number of CytoSorb® treatment pioneers
- CytoSorbents will also host a research symposium during the 2014 DIVI Congress at the Congress Center Hamburg on December 4, 2014 from 8:30-10AM CET focused on:
• Using blood purification to treat severe sepsis: Prof. Dr. med. Herwig Gerlach - Berlin, Germany
• Clinical experiences with CytoSorb® in patients with severe sepsis: Prof. Dr. med. Michael Quintel - Goettingen, German
• An update on the International CytoSorb® Registry: Prof. Dr. med. Frank Brunkhorst – Jena, Germany
- CytoSorbents will also be out in force, exhibiting at its booth during the entire conference, increasing the exposure of CytoSorb and strengthening relationships in the medical community
CytoSorbents plans to give an update of the conference following the meeting. Please also look for updates on both Facebook and Twitter
DIVI, or the German Interdisciplinary Coalition for Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine, is one of the premier German medical societies dedicated to improving outcomes in patients in the intensive care unit and emergency room. Its members primarily consist of critical care and emergency medicine physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers of all levels of experience throughout the region. Last year's DIVI 2013 Congress attracted approximately 3,000 attendees from the region.
The DIVI (Deutsche Interdisziplinaere Vereinigung fur Intensiv- und Notfallmedizin) Society was founded in 1977 to foster the cooperation and exchange of knowledge and information between physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals who specialize in intensive care and emergency medicine. The goal of this premier organization is to foster a collaborative environment where advances in medicine and patient care can be shared, to benefit the welfare of patients.
About CytoSorbents Corporation
CytoSorbents Corporation is a critical care focused immunotherapy company using blood purification to control severe inflammation -- with the goal of preventing or treating multiple organ failure in life-threatening illnesses. Organ failure is the cause of nearly half of all deaths in the intensive care unit, with little to improve clinical outcome. CytoSorb®, the Company's flagship product, is approved in the European Union as a safe and effective extracorporeal cytokine adsorber, designed to reduce the "cytokine storm" that could otherwise cause massive inflammation, organ failure and death in common critical illnesses such as sepsis, burn injury, trauma, lung injury, and pancreatitis. These are conditions where the risk of death is extremely high, yet no effective treatments exist. CytoSorbents' purification technologies are based on biocompatible, highly porous polymer beads that can actively remove toxic substances from blood and other bodily fluids by pore capture and surface adsorption. CytoSorbents has numerous products under development based upon this unique blood purification technology, protected by 32 issued US patents and multiple applications pending, including HemoDefend™, ContrastSorb, DrugSorb, and others. Additional information is available for download on the Company's website: http://www.cytosorbents.com
This press release includes forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, representations and contentions and are not historical facts and typically are identified by use of terms such as "may," "should," "could," "expect," "plan," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential," "continue" and similar words, although some forward-looking statements are expressed differently. You should be aware that the forward-looking statements in this press release represent management's current judgment and expectations, but our actual results, events and performance could differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the risks discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, filed with the SEC on March 31, 2014, as updated by the risks reported in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and in the press releases and other communications to shareholders issued by us from time to time which attempt to advise interested parties of the risks and factors which may affect our business. We caution you not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, other than as required under the Federal securities laws.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1910667.
Please Click to Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Dr. Phillip Chan
Chief Executive Officer
(732) 329-8885 ext. *823
(732) 329-8885 ext. *825
Source: CytoSorbents Corporation