Company Press Releases Back
CytoSorbents Ready for Second International CytoSorb® Users Meeting, ESICM and EACTS Conferences
Wednesday September 30, 2015
MONMOUTH JUNCTION, N.J., Sept. 30, 2015 - CytoSorbents Corporation (CTSO), a critical care immunotherapy leader commercializing its CytoSorb® blood purification technology to reduce deadly uncontrolled inflammation in hospitalized patients around the world, announced its ambitious upcoming conference agenda.
- CytoSorbents will bring together physicians, other healthcare providers, distributors, and partners from around the globe to share their CytoSorb® case reports, case series and data from investigator initiated studies at the 2nd International CytoSorb Users Meeting in Berlin, Germany on October 2, 2015. The full-day of exciting presentations will cover a broad range of applications where CytoSorb® has been used in critical care medicine and surgery, with a focus on sepsis and cardiac surgery
- The Company will then sponsor and exhibit at the 28th European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) Conference in Berlin from October 3-7, 2015. This conference is one of the most important in the ICU field and traditionally attracts more than 5,000 attendees from all over the world.
- Prof. Dr. med. Herwig Gerlach (Berlin, Germany), will discuss "Overwhelming immune response causes deadly complications"
- Dr. John Kellum (Pittsburgh, USA) will give a talk entitled, "Hemoadsorption modulates the immune response to avoid and treat SIRS complications"
- Prof. Dr. med. Frank Brunkhorst (Jena, Germany) will give an update on "The International CytoSorb Registry – First Results"
- Prof. Dr. Zsolt Molnar (Szeged, Hungary) will discuss "Therapy goals for CytoSorb®: Improvement of hemodynamics, capillary leak, fluid balance and organ function – Clinical data and experiences"
- CytoSorbents will also exhibit CytoSorb® at the 29th European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from October 3-7, 2015. The EACTS conference is the largest cardio-thoracic surgery meeting in the world, a position it has maintained for over a decade. EACTS represents more than 3,000 surgeons, perfusionists and allied healthcare workers throughout Europe
CytoSorbents plans to make a scientific summary of the data available following these exciting events
About CytoSorbents Corporation
CytoSorbents Corporation is a critical care focused immunotherapy company using blood purification to control severe inflammation -- with the goal of preventing or treating multiple organ failure in life-threatening illnesses. Organ failure is the cause of nearly half of all deaths in the intensive care unit, with little to improve clinical outcome. CytoSorb®, the Company's flagship product, is approved in the European Union with distribution in 31 countries around the world, as a safe and effective extracorporeal cytokine adsorber, designed to reduce the "cytokine storm" that could otherwise cause massive inflammation, organ failure and death in common critical illnesses such as sepsis, burn injury, trauma, lung injury, and pancreatitis. These are conditions where the risk of death is extremely high, yet no effective treatments exist. CytoSorb® is also being used during and after cardiac surgery to remove inflammatory mediators, such as cytokines and free hemoglobin, which can lead to post-operative complications, including multiple organ failure.
CytoSorbents' purification technologies are based on biocompatible, highly porous polymer beads that can actively remove toxic substances from blood and other bodily fluids by pore capture and surface adsorption. CytoSorbents has numerous products under development based upon this unique blood purification technology, protected by 32 issued US patents and multiple applications pending, including HemoDefend™, ContrastSorb, DrugSorb, and others. Additional information is available for download on the Company's websites: http://www.cytosorbents.com and http://www.cytosorb.com
This press release includes forward-looking statements intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability established by the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our plans, objectives, representations and contentions and are not historical facts and typically are identified by use of terms such as "may," "should," "could," "expect," "plan," "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "predict," "potential," "continue" and similar words, although some forward-looking statements are expressed differently. You should be aware that the forward-looking statements in this press release represent management's current judgment and expectations, but our actual results, events and performance could differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Factors which could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the risks discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K, filed with the SEC on March 31, 2015, as updated by the risks reported in our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and in the press releases and other communications to shareholders issued by us from time to time which attempt to advise interested parties of the risks and factors which may affect our business. We caution you not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, other than as required under the Federal securities laws.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1910667.
Please Click to Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
CytoSorbents Medical, Inc
(732) 329-8885 ext. *825
The Ruth Group
Public Relations Contact
The Ruth Group
Source: CytoSorbents Corporation